LAIR Leadership and Service Award
Recognizes an individual who has contributed in outstanding ways to the profession of
institutional research (IR) through leadership within their own institution and collaboratively across institutions in the state of Louisiana. The recipient of this award should model certain qualities including:
- Mindful adherence to and promotion of the ethical principles of IR
- Generous guidance and mentoring of other IR professionals
- Dedication to advancing the work of IR through innovation, collaboration, and education.
This award will only be presented as warranted by the receipt of qualifying nominations and determination by the LAIR Executive Board.
- Nomination by active LAIR member or members
- Must include written justification outlining how the individual embodies the qualities outlined in the award description above.
- Nominations should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business May 26, 2023.
- Awarded as determined by the LAIR Executive Board, not on a regular basis
- One recipient to be recognized at a time
- Recipient to be announced and awarded at the annual LAIR meeting – includes a reading of the justification document or an excerpt from it.
- Recipient to receive a plaque commemorating the award
- Recipient’s fees for LAIR conference to be permanently waived